What can you Eat with Invisalign?
Invisalign are the clear aligners that treat the dental problems of an overbite, crossbite, underbite, gap teeth, open bite, crowded teeth, and straighter teeth. The best advantage with Invisalign is they are virtually invisible wherein people may not even notice that you’re wearing them.
The very common question asked when the patient undergoes the treatment with Invisalign is What can you eat with Invisalign?. As once you undergo the braces treatment there comes upon some restrictions on our eating but that isn’t the case with Invisalign. Invisalign allows you to eat without interruption through your trays and allows easier and thorough cleaning for the teeth & appliance.
Caring of the teeth is very much important during the Invisalign treatment so that you can make sure the teeth are well-positioned and can retain the healthy & beautiful smile and for that, it is necessary to have the proper diet which takes care of your teeth as well as health.
Invisalign schedule suggests wearing the aligners for 20 to 22 hours a day and it means the only time to remove the aligners is for eating meals hence it is necessary to drink more water and limit the snacks so it becomes very important to take care of the diet.
Dairy products contain calcium & protein which helps in the healthy support for the teeth as well as increases the pH level in the mouth which disallows the bacteria and cavities to grow.
Fruits and vegetables are high in water and crunchy in the texture keeping the mouth hydrated and helps in the production of the saliva which is essential for the natural cleansing of the mouth.
Since you can remove the aligners while eating the meals or snacks you don’t need to worry about what will harm the braces but there are still some types of food which is highly recommended while undergoing this treatment. Below is the list of 10 best foods to eat with Invisalignthat helps in promoting the health of the teeth.
1. Almonds: Almonds are the rich source of protein &calcium without lactose or fats. The crunch in the almonds helps to protect the teeth from plaque growth. The best part of eating almonds is you can drink it with milk or with any other dairy products or solely as a snack.
2. Cheese: A dairy product rich in calcium & healthy fats is a good option to support the health of the teeth. Cheese also increases the pH level of the mouth that makes it less hospitable to bacteria & decaying of the teeth. Cheese increases the saliva production and helps to strengthen the enamel of the teeth.
3. Yogurt: Yogurt is again a rich source of protein and calcium like cheese and has the same benefits as cheese. Yogurt can be a part of your healthy breakfast or snack as it provides protein, calcium & beneficial bacteria. You can select the yogurt which doesn’t require you to add extra sugar in it.
4. Leafy Vegetables: Leafy greens are packed with vitamins & minerals which helps to keep your bones strong. Most of the leafy veggies are rich in source of calcium that helps in building healthy enamel. Leafy Greens like spinach & kale are to be considered as a part of the diet either as the salad or smoothie.
5. Onions: Onions contains antibacterial properties that help to kill the bacteria in the mouth. To avoid cavities & gum disease having onion in our daily diet is the perfect solution to this problem. Onions don’t have a great smell but the benefit of cleaning the mouth makes onion a worth to be the part of the diet.
6. Cucumbers: The high water content in the cucumber hydrates the mouth as you eat and the chewing motion, while you eat, is healthy for the teeth. Cucumbers are a great alternative for eating the crunch chips as a snack. Cucumber can be eaten raw as well as can be a part of the smoothie.
7. Carrots: Carrots have a crunchy texture that clears the food particles and plaque on the teeth. Carrots encourage the production of saliva helping in cleaner teeth. Carrots are rich in vitamin A and fiber that keep the entire body healthy. Carrots can be a great filling snack.
8. Celery: Celery is not one of the opted vegetables and is bland in taste but it has the perfect texture & water content which is great for the teeth. It is a rich source of vitamin A & C which are good for the gums & its texture helps to clear the food particles which might be sticking to the teeth.
9. Apple: Apples are full of water & fiber with natural sweetness & sugar. While eating an apple body produces more saliva that helps in washing away bacteria & leftover food particles in the mouth. The texture of the apple also helps in improving the health of the gums, removing the food stuck in the mouth, and get rid of the plaque on the teeth.
10. Berries: Berries are rich in vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals which are required to keep the mouth healthy. Berries contain the compound that doesn’t allow the plaque to attach to the teeth. While having dark berries you need to be careful otherwise it might stain the teeth.
Eating habits to follow with Invisalign
• Slim down on tea or coffee as you cant sip on all morning while wearing Invisalign if you don’t remove the aligners it will get stained. Water is the only safest beverage you be drinking while wearing aligners.
• Invisalign must be worn 20 to 22 hours a day so you need to plan your snacks and drinks throughout the day to keep the count on it doesn’t go below 20-hour mark.
• Aligners must be kept clean all the time so after having a meal or a snack brushing the teeth is required as aligners and enamel as close together for a longer period and both the surfaces need to be clean to keep your teeth cavity-free.
• Say no to chewing gums as the stickiness will impair the orthodontic treatment by getting stuck in the aligners, and damage them because of the properties of the gums & constant chewing.
• Never eat with aligners in the mouth as you can damage or crack your aligners, it is messy, and not easy to eat with aligners. If you still opt to eat with aligners no matter what you need to clean it immediately.
Invisalign treatment at Invisible braces is the best option to opt for.Dr. Kothari with his experience helps to get it treated in the best way with the complete guidance on What can you eat with Invisalign?
No comments. Leave first!